Sursorb Formaldehyde Neutralising Pads are an essential and unique product to have on hand for Theatre, Day Surgery and Pathology that use Formaldehyde or Formalin. These pads have a polyethylene dot laminate backing which is a key feature in a number of uses. Pads neutralise, solidify and encapsulate absorbed Formaldehyde / Formalin.
In Theatre or Day Surgery there are several applications:
- Use to place specimen pots on top of so that any small spills or splashes are contained.
- Blue laminate coating on the bottom creates a fluid resistant surface so that when a spill occurs, there is minimal Formaldehyde / Formalin through to the bench or trolley underneath.
- Place down where Formaldehyde / Formalin is being decanted to neutralise and absorb small spills or splashes.
- Wipe up any dribbles of Formaldehyde / Formalin from the side of pots or bottles.
- Protect Pathology and Transport staff by lining the specimen bags to neutralise any spills that occur when specimen pot lids aren’t secured correctly.
In Pathology the laminate film prevents specimens getting stuck on the pad during grossing.
Three sizes available:
Small – Sursorb Formaldehyde Neutralising Pad, 20 x 25cm
Medium – Sursorb Formaldehyde Neutralising Pad, 28 x 35.5cm
Large – Sursorb Formaldehyde Neutralising Pad, 40.6 x 51cm